Webinar: Supporting Your Child with a Learning Disability in French Immersion at Home & School
Webinar on January 20, 2021 @ 7-8pm ET
The Learning Disabilities Association of Kingston and Lockhart George Literacy invite parents and caregivers of children with learning disabilities in French as a Second Language programs to participate in our FREE webinar on Zoom: Supporting Your Child with a Learning Disability in French Immersion at Home and School. The strategies and resources shared are especially helpful for English-speaking parents, whether your child is in French Immersion, Core French or an Extended French program.
Join hosts Kim Lockhart and Natalie George, Special Education Specialists trained in Orton-Gillingham approaches (evidence-based) to literacy instruction and supporting children with learning challenges. They are long standing child/family advocates, French teachers and parents themselves.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
- Strategies for parents/caregivers of children with learning disabilities in French Second Language (FSL) programs to support your child’s learning at home
- A variety of helpful French language resources that can be used by English-speaking parents with your child
- Steps to advocate for your child’s learning needs in French language programs and ensure they are receiving the appropriate special education supports in their FSL classroom
- Impacts of transferring out of French Immersion; questions to ask yourself and your child
- The opportunity to ask questions and share your experiences!
Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2021
Time: 7:00 – 8:00 pm ET
Location: Online via Zoom
Register early on Eventbrite to participate in this free, interactive webinar (limited spots available).
Register here: Eventbrite registration
Instructions and a Zoom link to join the event will follow your registration prior to the webinar.
This webinar is organized in collaboration with Lockhart George Literacy: Lockhartgeorgeliteracy.weebly.com